Your personal information (name, email address) is collected only for the purpose of administering your entry. This information is kept secure and confidential and is not shared.
The Get Inspired Magazine Photography Contest (the ‘Contest’) is open to both amateur and professional photographers (‘Entrants’) aged 18 years and over (or of the age of majority in jurisdictions in their respective country), and from all over the world. Entrants are responsible for making sure their entry complies with their local laws. By entering the Contest, Entrants are deemed to have read and accepted all aspects of the rules described on this page.
Your copyright and moral rights:
Get Inspired Magazine respects your rights and does not claim copyright for works you submit to the contest. You will retain full copyright in each entry. In addition, your moral rights are respected. Whenever your work is published by Get Inspired Magazine (and partners) you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition. Get Inspired Magazine will seek to correct any errors or oversights when notified.
Use of works:
By entering the contest, you agree that any work you submit may be used by Get Inspired Magazine (and partners) solely for purposes in connection with the Contest or future contests, and no other purpose. These uses include:
– Judging the competition
– Displaying entries on the Get Inspired Magazine website and social media outlets (see below), and those of its partners
– Displaying the entries at the 25pages gallery website and social media outlets
– Displaying the entries in a book
– Cropping and resizing the work as necessary to fit pre-defined formats to promote the Contest and any related exhibitions
– Sub-licensing the entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Contest (the Entrant will be notified of such reproductions prior to publication, and have the right to refuse)
– Inclusion within any materials promoting the Contest or any exhibition organized by Get Inspired Magazine
– You hereby grant Get Inspired Magazine a non-exclusive, royalty-free license in each entry throughout the world in all media for the uses described above for three years following the date of announcement of the winners
You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your entry against misuse by third parties, by such means as embedding ownership metadata (a how-to guide is available here). Get Inspired Magazine (and its partners) can assume no responsibility and are not liable for any misuse of your work by third parties. Get Inspired Magazine will ensure that metadata is not stripped from displayed entries wherever possible. Any reproduction of entries outside of the uses listed above will occur only after receiving the Entrant’s express permission. The Entrant will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such usage with the parties concerned independently of the Contest.
Please note: We use the social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. While we guarantee that we will always fully credit the photographer when posting images, we cannot guarantee that others who copy or repost images will do the same.
Copyright and permissions:
By submitting works to the Contest you confirm that for each work submitted:
– You alone are the author of your work and that it is your original work
– You are the sole copyright holder,
– You have not licensed any rights in the work that conflict with the usage rights required by Get Inspired Magazine
– You have the permission of any persons in the work, or if they are under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian, to grant the usage rights required by Get Inspired Magazine. Note that laws on photographing strangers in public vary by country and jurisdiction, and in some it is not necessary to seek permission. As an Entrant you should use your own discretion.
– It does not include trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity
– It does not contain names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
– It has not been a winning or shortlisted entry in any other competition whose rules prevent you from re-entering it into another award
– You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your entry and for indemnifying Get Inspired Magazine in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
Get Inspired Magazine reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above, even after the entry has been submitted.
Images should be of .jpg format and under 2mb in size. We will ask winners for higher resolution images for the book printing. Before uploading your images please make sure that they are named correctly with your full name and the theme you wish to enter. For example:
Each entrant can upload a maximum of 10 files. Submitted work cannot be changed.
The Contest theme is BLACK. All submitted images must be related to this theme. If an entry fails to relate to the theme, Get Inspired Magazine has the right to remove the entry from the contest. The concerning entrant will be notified by email.
After the submit deadline our Jury will make a shortlist of twenty entries. We aim to announce the shortlist within seven days of the submission close date. The shortlisted photographers will be notified by email (along with any further instructions) and published on the Get Inspired Magazine website and associated social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram). More about our Contest Jury.
From the shortlist mentioned above the Jury will pick the grand winner! We aim to announce the winner within five days of the shortlist announcement. The winner will be notified by email (along with any further instructions) and published on the Get Inspired Magazine website and associated social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram). More about our Contest Jury.
People’s Choice winner:
The five photographers with most views on an entry will receive the people’s choice award. This prevents popular photographers to get the people’s choice award on five images. Shortlist winners are excluded from the people’s choice award. To give everyone a fair chance of getting into the book. We aim to announce the winners within five days of the shortlist announcement. The winners will be notified by email (along with any further instructions) and published on the Get Inspired Magazine website and associated social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram).
Get inspired Magazine reserves the right to change, or modify the prizes at any time before the submission close date, but will make sure to inform all Entrants. The prizes can not be transferred into cash and will only be shipped to the actual winner. More about the prizes you can win, you can find here
25pages gallery (part of Get inspired Magazine) will publish a book with all twenty-five images (twenty shortlist winners, five people’s choice winners) and the winner’s entry will be used for the cover.
13 February 2017:
15 March 2017:
24 March 2017 21 March 2017:
Top 20 announcement
31 March 2017:
People’s choice winners
Get Inspired Magazine reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest at its own discretion if not capable of continuing as planned for any reason that is beyond our control. If the contest is canceled, Get Inspired Magazine will not reserve the right to use any of the submitted images. All files will be removed from our systems.
Get Inspired Magazine reserves the right to change the competition rules. If this happens, all Entrants whom the changes affect will be notified by email.
Get Inspired Magazine will take no responsibility for the repercussions of any image submitted to the Contest, nor any problems incurred by the entrants while participating in the Contest.
Last modified: 20 March 2017 (changed shortlist announcement from 24 March 2017 to 21 March 2017)
The 5 most popular shots in this contest, by 5 diffirent photographers will win the People's Choice Awards and gives them a spot in the contest book! Shortlist winners are excluded from this round, because they are already in the book. How does it work? Just click on the big heart below the shots you like! That simple!
Grand Winner and People's Choice Award Winners will be announced 31 March 2017!